Sunday 17 November 2013

Entry 30: The Heat

9th Day of Summer

   I did sleep, albeit not that well. But it's better than nothing. The vision I gained from the idol yesterday became more vivid in my dreams, and expanded into chaos. I don't know if it was the vision that became clearer, or if it was just a dream and I filled it all in myself, but it was horrific never the less. I saw people die over and over again as fire flowed over them, and just as the flame passed, another one rolled over them. People kept getting up, even after they had already died, only to burn again and crumple to the ground. And even then, they rose again.
   I've got chills just thinking about it. I've noticed my attention has been slipping more and more lately. While in the past I'd have spent far more time in the ruins, curiosity getting the better of me, I couldn't handle it for more than an hour and a half before getting tired, stumbling and getting quite bored.
   I haven't been sleeping well even before last night, and I've barely been eating, either. I need to get out of this place. The heat is just too much for me. I'll make for the south as soon as I'm able.

-- Atherya Sunleaf              


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...