Tuesday 16 July 2013

The Diary of Atherya Sunleaf - Entry 9: Whelgar's Excavation



60th Day of Spring

   I easily gained access to the digsite. I had expected to have to buy my way in to satisfy my curiosity of what had been dug up in there, but there was nothing in the way of defence at all - and I quickly found out why. I'm not sure what the Dwarves have done, but there were any number of earth elementals trundling about aimlessly, and - would you believe it - skeletal raptors. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since there are many other undead animals walking around on Azeroth, but they usually have remnants of...tissue. These raptors were naught but bone!
   They didn't quite seem undead, though. They seemed as though something raised them from the dead - not a necromancer or anything like that, but something higher. Something more powerful than us, at any rate; a force beyond us. I can't quite explain it, but they didn't feel the same as any other undead creature that I've ever come across. I'm not even certain that they were bone. Some of them seemed...more like stone. Is that possible?
   After fighting off anything that attacked me, I did get a good look around the ruin. If there was ever anything of interest there, however, then the Dwarves have either already dug it up, or they haven't dug down deep enough yet.
   I eventually moved on south from the digsite yesterday, and as I ride, I can see the Stonewrought Dam growing in the distance. In about two days, I should reach the mountain fortress of Dun Algaz - little more than a mountain pass these days, as I hear it - and cross into the vicinity of Loch Modan. Despite being on horseback, the going is slow, what with the marshy terrain of the Wetlands, but hopefully this rain will either stop, or atleast keep at its current light drizzle and not slow us down any more than it has already.

-- Atherya Sunleaf              


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...