Friday 28 June 2013

The Diary of Atherya Sunleaf - Entry 3: Tirisfal Glades



15th Day of Spring

   I suppose this is a little better. What remains of Tirisfal Glades is some degree greener. At the very least, it's not diseased. There are still strange creatures and huge maggots, and I am forced to remind myself time and time again that these Forsaken are not Scourge, and are our allies. I forget from time to time, but I am trying.
   I've been away from Quel'Thalas for about two weeks now, and I long for the sunset colours and the lush foliage of my home. I am even beginning to miss the sight of black trees - at least it was familiar. Here, I feel completely lost, and I don't know which way to turn.
   But I promised myself that I would make something of this trip, and that I wasn't going to turn back the second I got homesick.
   On the other hand, though, I didn't quite expect the land beyond my home to be so...dead. I don't want to end up leaving each region without fully exploring it. I may go back into Eastern Tirisfal, but for now, I'll stay here. There's talk of a forest to the south west. Though, I had expected that from this place.
   No. I will stay, and I will explore. There may be something of interest beneath the miserable surface. The Scarlet Monestary stands to the north, and I admit to being intrigued by them. They fight the Undead - Scourge or Forsaken - almost obsessively, to the point that I wonder if they aren't, in fact, brainwashed or manipulated by some higher power.
   There is talk outside among the Deathguards about going up there and infiltrating it, and about 'encouraging the inhabitants to cease their activities' as one of them put it. While the Scourge should indeed be fought against and eradicated, the Forsaken are different - as much as I have to remind myself of that fact. They are not mindless, 'nor are they savage killers. No, I agree that the Scarlet Crusade should be stopped, by any means. Their obsession is certainly unnatural, and no positive higher power would allow its subjects to live and behave in such a manner.
   This is something, at least, to interest me here. I will help to infiltrate, if I can, but first I need to find someone to train me. I had considered looking in the Undercity - the Forsaken's capital beneath the ruins of old Lordaeron - but I would rather find some greenery first. I will head there eventually, too. I remember a time when Lordaeron was a Human city, before Arthas Menethil destroyed his family's legacy, and his people's home. While I never saw the city, I'd like to at least see what is left of it.

-- Atherya Sunleaf              


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...