Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Diary of Atherya Sunleaf - Entry 2: Thalassian Pass



6th Day of Spring

   It took a few days, but the Rangers and I passed through into Tirisfal Glades with ease. But I must be blunt: when we passed through the barrier at Thalassian Pass, my heart sank. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't this. The land is so very diseased. I thought that the Ghostlands (how I hate that name) was bad, but I can now really see the full impact the burning of the region had upon the Scourge. They thrive in these 'Plaguelands' and the land is so sick; I have seen not one healthy creature since leaving Quel'Thalas. There are bats - enormous bats - and maggots that are even bigger. I've done well to hold back my vomit from seeing such things. But what was initially disgust has changed to depression. I cannot stand this land, and I must leave it as soon as I can.
   We are near to the western road which leads into what I am assured is the greener region of Tirisfal Glades, but I'm not daring to hope for much. Either way, I part from the Rangers tonight, and from then on I am on my own.


-- Atherya Sunleaf              


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...