Sunday 23 June 2013

The Diary of Atherya Sunleaf - Entry 1: Leaving Quel'Thalas



95th Day of Winter

   I love Quel'Thalas. I love my home, I love Silvermoon City, and I love my family...but after Arthas Menethil left that awful scar of death right through the Blackened Forest and the rest of Quel'Thalas, subsequently leading us to burn the whole of the southern region, the passion I once held for the place is failing. I don't want to be stuck in this place much longer. I want to explore Azeroth - I want to set foot into Outland, or Draenor, or whatever it's being called. I want to see what lies beyond my home, beyond this barrier.
   I set out tomorrow for Thalassian Pass. It's taken some time for me to finally make this decision, but I feel it is the right one. After my mother passed away from heartbreak over the death of the forest some years ago, I have not had anything here to root me down.
   I realise that this journey will be dangerous, and I have little skill with weapons, but I hope that I might be able to pick up a few tricks along the way, that I might meet people willing to give me a few pointers.
   In truth, I have no idea what to expect out there, but my home looks over both the Woods, and the Ghostlands. I can no longer stand either sight. I've packed what belongings I wish to bring with me, and I set out at first light. I've managed to gain passage with some Rangers who are heading into Tirisfal Glades in the south, and onwards to where Darrowmere Forest once stood, so at least passing through the dead lands will be smoother. But from then on, I am on my own.

-- Atherya Sunleaf              


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...